To kick off National Drive Electric Week, Michigan State University’s Department of Police and Public Safety and MSU Mobility — in partnership with the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy, Consumers Energy and the Capital Area Transportation Authority — will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony for two new fast-charging electric vehicle, or EV, stations available to the public.
What: Two new fast-charging EV stations will open for public use at the CATA Multimodal Gateway. These stations cost $4 per hour and can quickly recharge any compatible EV vehicle in under an hour.
Where: CATA Multimodal Gateway parking lot 80, 1240 S. Harrison Rd., East Lansing. The CATA Multimodal Gateway is open daily from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and is equipped with restroom facilities and vending machines.
When: Friday, Sept. 22 at 10:00 a.m.
The following interview opportunities will be available at 10:20 a.m.:
· Adam Lawver, director of campus services with MSU’s Infrastructure Planning and Facilities, will give opening remarks.
· Judd Herzer, MSU Mobility director, will talk about EV opportunities and research at MSU.
· Mehrnaz Ghamami, an associate professor in MSU’s College of Engineering, can explain her research survey used to support future planning and travel reliability of EV charging stations on campus.
· Jessica Crawford, community programs coordinator with the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy, will discuss statewide EV charging programs like ChargeUP Michigan and their partnership with Ghamami who helped inform their charging programs.
· Jeff Myrom, director of electric vehicle programs at Consumers Energy, will explain how these EV fast charging stations support Michigan’s EV transformation.
· Brad Funkhouser, chief executive officer at Capital Area Transportation Authority, will talk about the CATA Multimodal Facility features and how these EV stations extend the various modality of travel for the region.
Additional activities are planned for Saturday, Sept. 23; Meijer Fan Fest will host an EV tailgate prior to the 3:30 p.m football game at MSU’s Munn Field featuring various electric vehicles and an MSU EV research tractor to celebrate National Drive Electric Vehicle Week.
Interviews: To arrange an on-site interview, please contact Emilie Lorditch at email@example.com or (443) 848-8748.