Wharton Center is proud to offer sensory-friendly performances for a select group of performing arts shows in the 2022-2023 season. Tickets to the SFP shows are on sale now at the official Wharton Center Ticket Office, online at whartoncenter.com, or by calling 517-432-2000 or 1-800-WHARTON.
Sensory-friendly performances include The Okee Dokee Brothers on Feb. 18, 2023; Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy on March 26, 2023; and Cross That River on April 29, 2023. At sensory-friendly performances, accommodations will include:
- Lower sound and light levels; all strobe light effects removed.
- House lights on at a low level throughout the performance.
- Audience members are welcome to stand, move around, and enter or leave the theatre as needed.
- An Activity Area with crafts and activities for engagement.
- Designated calm and alternate viewing spaces.
- Autism specialists and trained volunteers on hand.
- Sensory supports available (fidgets, earplugs).
Since 2016, Wharton Center in collaboration with a variety of MSU and community partners, have offered SFP performances to provide a supportive and welcoming environment that will make live theatre accessible to those with autism spectrum disorder, developmental disabilities, sensory processing disorder and other sensory-sensitive people and their families.
For more information on all Wharton Center Sensory-Friendly Performances, visit www.whartoncenter.com/plan-your-visit/accessibility/sensory-friendly-performances.
COVID-19 health and safety protocols continue to evolve. Please visit the Wharton Center website at whartoncenter.com/covid-19 to review the most up-to-date information and requirements.