The Big Ten Conference has recognized 1,641 student-athletes — 132 from Michigan State — competing in fall sports who have been named Academic All-Big Ten.
To be eligible for Academic All-Big Ten selection, students must be on a varsity team (as verified by being on the official squad list), have been enrolled full time at the institution for a minimum of 12 months and carry a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
The selections for the Spartans encompass the sports of men and women's cross country, field hockey, football, men and women's soccer, and volleyball.
Of the 56 fall honorees with perfect 4.0 GPAs, a Big Ten-leading 14 were from Michigan State, topping the number of Spartans with unblemished GPAs with highs of 11 in the fall and spring seasons of 2021-22. Student-athletes earning 4.0 GPAs included:
- Abdi-Fetah Ahmed, Men's Cross Country, Business Administration MBA
- Jillian Bonczewski, Field Hockey, Special Education – Learning Disabilities
- Michael Donovan, Football, Communications
- Celia Gaynor, Women's Soccer, Communication Science and Disorders
- Justina Gaynor, Women's Soccer, Kinesiology
- Mia Hansen, Women's Soccer, Kinesiology
- Ashley Harlock, Field Hockey, Neuroscience
- Annika Linzmeier, Women's Cross Country, Clinical Social Work MSW
- Sophia Lucki, Women's Cross Country, Lyman Briggs
- Andrew Nolan, Men's Cross Country, Applied Engineering Sciences
- Abby Olin, Volleyball, Civil Engineering
- Tyler Pritchett, Men's Cross Country, Applied Engineering Sciences
- Kelly Severini, Women's Soccer, Advertising Management
- Aden Smith, Men's Cross Country, Human Biology
To view the full list of MSU's Academic All-Big Ten fall student-athletes, continue reading at msuspartans.com.