A major focus of the university’s strategic plan is Sustainable Health. It is a theme that directly impacts campus and those serving in communities and working on lasting solutions to ensure health, hope and healing for all. MSU Health Sciences is leading this cross-campus initiative with an approach centered on people, communities, partnerships and innovative thinking.
The steering committee leading this work is inviting everyone across the university to submit an idea that supports lasting health and wellness on campus and in the communities MSU serves for generations to come.
The voices, ideas and perspectives from campus are critical in achieving the objectives to:
- Meet the physical and mental health needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Partner with communities and organizations to reduce health disparities (racial, ethnic, gender, rural-urban) in Michigan by 2030.
- Engage the MSU campus in a comprehensive approach to improving health, leveraging expertise and elevating care, education and research activities.
- Lead nationally in devising innovative educational pathways to careers in health, supplementing existing health and premedical majors, and evolve curriculum to incorporate commitment to an inclusive and healthy society.
- Work with health and business partners across Michigan to ensure patients and families have access to equitable, high-quality, affordable and safe health care.
Those wishing to submit ideas or programs that support these sustainable health objectives should fill out this proposal form. Entries will be accepted until June 30.