Your guide to MSU virtual commencement
Michigan State University will hold a virtual commencement celebration on May 16 for all undergraduate and graduate students earning degrees at the end of the 2020 spring semester. The virtual event does not replace an in-person ceremony and members of the class of 2020 will be invited to participate in a future in-person commencement.
Here's what you need to know.
- When: Beginning at 10 a.m. EDT (7 a.m. PDT) May 16
- Where: The virtual ceremony will be held via MSU’s Facebook page and can also be accessed at www.msu.edu for those who choose not to use Facebook
- Who: Members of the 2020 class, friends, family, faculty, staff, alumni and Spartans everywhere are encouraged to watch via computer, tablet or smartphone
To prepare for full participation in the ceremony here are some helpful tips:
- Get dressed in your regalia — cap, gown, robe, tassel. If you don’t have official gear, wear whatever hat you want to toss or whatever tassel you want to move.
- Download a PDF of the official program of the originally planned ceremony as a keepsake and find your favorite graduate’s name.
- If you haven’t already, learn the words to Victory for MSU and MSU Shadows.
- Virtually gather all the important people in your life and make sure they all know how to join in the virtual fun.