Michigan State University International Studies and Programs has named the recipients of this year’s international awards, which celebrate contributions by MSU faculty, students and community members in international research, teaching, innovation and engagement.
Award recipients are:
- Deborah J. Margolis: librarian, MSU Libraries. Recipient of the Charles A. Gliozzo Award for Public Diplomacy.
- Robert A. Montgomery: assistant professor in the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Recipient of the John K. Hudzik Emerging Leader in Advancing International Studies and Programs Award.
- Suyanto: professor, Yogyakarta State University; author, alumnus of the MSU College of Education. Recipient of the Joon S. Moon Distinguished International Alumni Award.
- Lalita Udpa: professor, MSU College of Engineering. Recipient of the Ralph H. Smuckler Award for Advancing International Studies and Programs at MSU.
- Karen W. Lienhart: academic student affairs, MSU College of Natural Science. Recipient of the Award for Outstanding Service to Education Abroad.
- Connie Wolfe: volunteer, Community Volunteers for International Programs. Recipient of the Homer Higbee International Education Award.
- Faizan Shafique: student, School of Planning, Design and Construction, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Recipient of the Homer Higbee International Education Award.
- John Metzler: outreach coordinator, African Studies Center. Recipient of the Special Recognition Award for Promoting International Understanding.
“These extraordinary members of the Spartan community represent the impressive past, the exciting present and the very bright future of international work at MSU,” said Steven Hanson, associate provost and dean for MSU International Studies and Programs. “We are proud to recognize them for the incredible work each of them is doing to add to MSU’s long legacy of global engagement.”
ISP will honor the recipients during its annual International Awards Ceremony at 3:30 p.m. on April 9 at the Huntington Club in Spartan Stadium. The event is free and open to the public.
Additional information on the awards including descriptions of the individual award categories can be found on the ISP website.