MSU AgBioResearch announces field day schedule for summer 2017
Members of the community and Michigan’s agriculture industry are invited to tour several of the Michigan State University research facilities this summer during the annual field day festivities.
MSU researchers will present findings from some of their current research from across the state. Topics range from sustainable insect and disease prevention to the latest in agriculture technology.
Mark your calendars with the following dates:
- The Kellogg Biological Station will host pasture dairy center open houses June 13 and Aug. 1, both from 4-8 p.m. The facility will also host a barley field day June 28 and a cover crops field day Nov. 3. Please call 269-671-5117 for further information.
- The Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center will host the annual MSU Viticulture Field Day July 26. Please call 269-944-1477 for further information.
- The Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center will host a field day July 29. Please call 906-439-5114 for further information.
- The Montcalm Research Center field day is scheduled for Aug. 3 at 10 a.m. Please call 989-365-3473 for further information.
- The Saginaw Valley Research and Extension Center will host a field day Aug. 10 featuring a morning program with information on dry beans, sugar beets, wheat, corn and soybeans. Lunch will follow. Please call 989-652-8014 for further information.
- The Lake City Research Center will host MSU Ag Innovations Day: Focus on Forages and the Future Aug. 24. Please call 231-839-4608 for further information.
- The Northwest Michigan Horticulture Research Center will host a field day Aug. 24 at 3 p.m. and will include an equipment show, dinner and the annual meeting of the Leelanau Horticulture Society. Please call 231-946-1510 for further information and to RSVP.
For more information on the research centers, visit http://agbioresearch.msu.edu/centers.