MSU AgBioResearch is inviting the public to tour several of its outlying research centers this summer. The annual field days, which run June through September, will highlight some of the current research projects benefiting the Michigan agriculture industry.
The events provide an opportunity for guests to listen to and speak with some of the MSU scientists and Extension educators affiliated with work at the centers.
- The Kellogg Biological Station will host an open house at the Pasture Dairy Center June 9.
- The Clarksville Research Center will host a field day June 23 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- KBS will host a pasture-based cheese open house July 14 from 4 to 8 p.m.
- The Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center Field Day will take place July 25 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center will host the 26th annual MSU Viticulture Field Day July 29.
- The Montcalm Research Center field day is scheduled for Aug. 6.
- The Saginaw Valley Research and Extension Center will host a field day Aug. 26 beginning at 8 a.m.
- The Northwest Michigan Horticultural Research Center will have an open house and equipment show Aug. 27.
- The Lake City Research Center will host the National Grassfed Exchange Sept. 16-18.
- The Trevor Nichols Research Center will host a research field day and Extension event Sept. 29 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Further information about the field day events will be available at the MSU AgBioResearch website.