MSU Board of Trustees roundup
At its June 17 meeting, the Michigan State University Board of Trustees adopted budget guidelines for the 2015-16 academic year that call for a tuition increase of 2.7 percent for in-state undergraduate students.
The increase applies to both lower division (freshmen and sophomores) and upper division (juniors and seniors) undergraduates.
A significant portion of the budget – more than $125 million – is set aside for financial aid – an increase of 4.5 percent over last year.
For story, please click here.
Following are other actions taken by the board at its June meeting.
- The board approved a tobacco-free ordinance that prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on campus. For story, please click here.
- Authorization to proceed with the redevelopment of the former State Police post site was approved by the board. A major portion of the project is the development of family and student housing.
- The board approved a number of personnel items, including the appointment of Christopher Long as dean of the College of Arts and Letters; Randolph Rasch as dean of the College of Nursing; Sanjay Gupta as dean of the Eli Broad College of Business; Judith Stoddart as interim dean of the Graduate School; and Neal Schmitt interim dean of the College of Social Science.
- The board approved the naming of the men’s and women’s golf facility at Forest Akers West Golf Course the Lasch Family Golf Center. See story here.
- A resolution to name the north entrance plaza of the MSU College of Law the Detroit College of Law Plaza was approved by the board.