At the Dec. 12 Board of Trustees meeting, six students were recognized with Board of Trustees’ Awards for having the highest grade point average at the close their last semesters in attendance at Michigan State University.
The students were recognized at their fall commencements on Dec. 13.
Following is the list of awardees in alphabetical order:
- Henrik Blix, of Kalamazoo, is the son of Gregor and Sandra Blix. A member of the Honors College, Blix is majoring in advertising in the College of Communication Arts and Sciences and has a 4.0 GPA. He is a graduate of Hackett Catholic Central High School.
- Justin Fila, of Norway, Mich., is the son of Cherie and Rick Fila. A member of the Honors College, Fila is majoring in computer science in the College of Engineering and has a 4.0 GPA. He is a graduate of Norway High School.
- Dominique Johnson, of Detroit. Johnson is majoring in hospitality business in The Eli Broad College of Business and has a 4.0 GPA. She is a graduate of Cass Technical High School.
- Jiyeun Kim, of Seoul, Korea. Kim is majoring in hospitality business in The Eli Broad College of Business and has a 4.0 GPA. She is a graduate of the Changduck Girls High School.
- Levi Storks, of Clinton Township, is the son of Mark and Jody Storks. A member of the Honors College, Storks is majoring in zoology in the Lyman Briggs College and has a 4.0 GPA. He is a graduate of Chippewa Valley High School.
- Rachel Scigliano, of Plymouth, Mass., is the daughter of Kristine Marquis and William Scigliano. She is majoring in human biology in the College of Natural Science and has a 3.98 GPA. Scigliano is a graduate of Archbishop Williams High School.