Linton Hall, the second oldest extant building on campus, stands tall on a summer day. It was built in 1881 as the Library-Museum. In the early days of Linton, the hall housed the president’s office and served as the administration building. In 2001, President M. Peter McPherson described Linton as “the place from which Hannah built the school”, referring to President John Hannah’s accomplishments. The building currently houses the College of Arts & Letters.