MSU Board of Trustees to meet Friday
The Michigan State University Board of Trustees will meet at 9:30 a.m. Friday in the Board Room of the Hannah Administration Building.
Following are several items the board will consider.
- Authorization to establish the John A. Penner endowment fund to enhance the education of graduate students studying in the areas of hematology, thrombosis or inflammation.
- Adoption of the updated Campus Land Use Master Plan that addresses changing land use needs and regulatory requirements.
- Authorization to proceed with several projects including Spartan Stadium and field hockey improvements, as well as enhancements to instructional spaces in Bessey Hall, Natural Science and Veterinary Medicine.
- Authorization to award a contract to Laux Construction, LLC for infrastructure improvements to the IM West building that includes upgrading the indoor pool, locker rooms and electrical systems as part of MSU’s Healthy Campus Initiative.
- Approval of a number of personnel items, including the appointment of John Dorgan as the David L. and Denise M. Lamp Chair in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science.
In addition, the board will receive reports from the president and board chairperson, and the gifts, grants and contracts report.
For additional information, visit https://trustees.msu.edu/.