Published: June 26, 2018
College of Human Medicine faculty honored at annual ceremony
Contact(s): Geri Kelley College of Human Medicine office: (616) 233-1678 cell: (616) 350-7976 Geri.Kelley@hc.msu.edu
Five faculty members at Michigan State University were honored for their dedication to research, teaching and patient care at the College of Human Medicine’s annual awards ceremony.
- Lee Anne Roman,a professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, received the Distinguished Faculty Award for her leadership in research to reduce maternal and child health disparities among Medicaid-insured families.
- Anas Al-Janadi, associate professor in the Department of Medicine and chief of the Division of Hematology and Oncology, received the Outstanding Clinician Award. Al-Janadi also is the Hematology and Oncology Fellowship Program director and the director of the MSU Breslin Cancer Center.
- Kavitha Kesari, a clinical assistant professor at MSU and associate program director for the internal medicine residency program for McLaren Flint, received the Outstanding Community Faculty Award.
- Jonathan Gold, an associate professor in the Department of Pediatrics and Human Development, received the William B. Weil Jr., MD, FAAP, Endowed Distinguished Pediatric Faculty Award. Gold is one of four Learning Society chiefs in the Shared Discovery Curriculum.
- Nigel Paneth, professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Pediatrics, also received the William B. Weil Jr., MD, FAAP, Endowed Distinguished Pediatric Faculty Award. Paneth is a pediatrician and epidemiologist whose research addresses the causes and prevention of childhood neurodevelopmental handicaps, specifically their relationship to pregnancy-related events and the perinatal period.
Nigel Paneth and Jonathon Gold, recipients of the William B. Weil Jr., MD, FAAP, Endowed Distinguished Pediatric Faculty Award.
More on these topics
MSU students earn Board of Trustees Awards Dec 14, 2019At its meeting Friday, the MSU Board of Trustees honored 17 graduating. . .MSU professor receives scholar awardDec 10, 2019Gary Hoppenstand, professor of film studies and 20th-century literature. . .Judith Stoddart wins Assistant and Associate Deans Leadership AwardDec 09, 2019The Board of Directors of the Council of Graduate Schools, or CGS, has. . .Hospitality Business students shine at Intercollegiate Wine Business InvitationalDec 09, 2019The competition, hosted by Wine Business Education, tasks teams from. . .Supply chain professor becomes Decision Sciences Institute FellowDec 09, 2019Sri Talluri, Hoagland Metzler Endowed Professor and professor of supply. . .
Spartan Marching Band celebrates 150 yearsNov 20, 2019On a beautiful fall day in September, with football fans’ cheers. . .
Me, me, me! How narcissism changes throughout lifeDec 09, 2019Psychology experts from Michigan State University conducted the longest. . .
How toys became genderedDec 09, 2019Parents who want to raise their children in a gender-nonconforming way. . .
The 5 things to know about impeachmentDec 06, 2019Ian Ostrander, assistant professor of political science, boiled down the. . .
Spartans graduate this weekendDec 11, 2019MSU will host commencement ceremonies Friday and Saturday at the Jack. . .