MSU Detroit Partnership for Food, Learning and Innovation kickoff
What: MSU Detroit Partnership for Food, Learning and Innovation kickoff
When: Nov. 16, 2017 from 10 to 11 a.m.
Where: 16475 Lamphere St. (site of the former Houghton Elementary School)
Michigan State University is launching the MSU Detroit Partnership for Food, Learning and Innovation; the state’s first urban research center.
Representatives attending the kickoff on behalf of MSU, city of Detroit, Riverdale and Brightmoor communities include:
- Lou Anna K. Simon, MSU President
- Joel Howrani Heeres, director of sustainability for the city of Detroit
- James Tate, Detroit City Council, District 1
- Jeff Dwyer, director of MSU Extension
- Richard Wooten, MSU Extension, District 11 coordinator
- Dan Bandrowski, Wellspring Detroit
- Diane Hanks, Riverdale resident