Counseling Center and Psychiatry Clinic merge
The MSU Counseling Center and the MSU Psychiatry Clinic will move from their old locations and come together to form the MSU Counseling and Psychiatric Services, or CAPS, this month.
CAPS will be located on the third floor of the Olin Health Center.
Counseling services at the Student Services Building will no longer be offered after today.
During these changes, starting Monday of next week, only emergency/crisis mental health services will be available. In the case of a mental health crisis, students may call (517) 355-8270 or visit Olin Health Center for walk-in support.
August 7-9 - The Counseling Center moves from the Student Services Building to the Olin Health Center. Crisis services only.
August 9-10 – Psychiatry moves from the first floor to the third floor of the Olin Health Center. Crisis services only.
Aug. 18 - Most of the Health Promotion services will move to the Student Services Building. These include:
- Nutrition, alcohol/tobacco/other drugs program
- Sexual health services will be located on the second floor
- The Traveler’s Club Lounge will be located in the basement level of the Student Services Building
Locations for other services:
- Allergy and Immunization services – Olin Health Center, second floor
- University Physician’s Office (Travel Clinic, Occupational Health, UPhys) – Olin Health Center, first floor
- Free anonymous HIV appointments beginning Sept. 11 - Olin Health Center, second floor, Primary Care Clinic
- Fitness programs will remain in the basement level of the Olin Health Center
- Health4U and EAP – Linton Hall
Some interruption of services may occur during the changes. All moves are expected to be complete by Aug. 25.
The new CAPS web site is expected to go live Monday, and can be found at http://CAPS.msu.edu.