No CATA bus service Easter Sunday
In observance of the Easter holiday, Capital Area Transportation Authority will not operate service on April 20. This applies to all CATA fixed-routes and Spec-Tran service that typically operate on Sunday.
CATA’s Spec-Tran phone lines will remain open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Easter to accept reservations for rides that occur after April 20. The Spec-Tran phone number is (517) 394-2282.
Several service changes are also in effect on April 19.
- Route 1- Downtown Lansing/Meridian Mall: Final trips will depart the CATA Transportation Center at 10:40 p.m. and Meridian Mall at 11:20 p.m. Service concludes for the evening when the last bus reaches the CTC at approximately 11:55 p.m.
- Entertainment Express: Final trips will depart at 11:15 p.m. from Washington Square in downtown Lansing and 11:27 p.m. from Grand River Avenue at Abbot Road in downtown East Lansing. Service concludes for the evening at 11:45 p.m.
- Route 26 Late Night: Saturday late night service will not operate.
- Routes 34, 35 and 36: Final trips will depart the MSU-CTC at 10:55 p.m. on route 35, 11 p.m. on route 34 and 11:20 p.m. on route 36. All three routes will conclude service between 11:20 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. when buses return to the MSU-CTC.
- Lot link: Service will end at 11:30 p.m. April 19 and resume at 3 p.m. on April 20. The ride request line for this service is (517)432-8888. All CATA services will resume at their regular time on April 21.
For more information, contact CATA Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 394-1000.