MSU to be featured on BTN's LiveBIG Jan. 31
The Spartans Will. 360 trip is among the stories that showcase the impact of Spartans both at home and abroad when MSU is featured on Big Ten Network’s "LiveBIG" Jan. 31.
The show, airing at midnight following the MSU-Minnesota hockey game, takes an in-depth look at how MSU is tackling many of the toughest challenges facing the world today.
Following are some of the featured segments.
- Searching for a way to truly convey the impact MSU has around the world, MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon and executive producer Jim Peck helped put together Spartans Will. 360 – an 11-person film crew, including two students, who embarked on a whirlwind journey to tell the remarkable stories of Spartans making a difference. Traveling to four continents, 11 countries and 16 cities over a 10-week span, the crew discovered the true nature of MSU's global footprint.
- Head football coach Mark Dantonio gives his thoughts on how the opportunity to make a difference can turn someone into a giver for the rest of their lives.
- Professor Adrian Blow is working to help military veterans reintegrate into life at home after serving overseas.
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program brings African students to MSU to study and sends them home after school as leaders with the skills to make an impact.
- Head basketball coach Tom Izzo shares some thoughts on why he is so proud to call himself a Spartan.