MSU High 5: Aug. 28, 2014
Here's today's MSU High 5 – a morning hello and the fastest way to get you up to speed with what's happening at Michigan State University.
1. MSU football kicks off: Some normal weekday operations at MSU will change Friday when the MSU football team opens its season with a night game against Jacksonville State University. More>>
2. MSU Board of Trustees meet Friday: The MSU Board of Trustees will meet at 9:30 a.m. Friday in the Board Room of the Hannah Administration Building. The board will consider a number of items and review a report on start of the 2014-15 academic year. More>>
3. MSU supports 'good food': The W.K. Kellogg Foundation has awarded two grants to MSU’s Center for Regional Food Systems to give more Michiganders access to “good food” – food that is healthy, green and affordable. The support totals about $6 million over four years, which will fund research and outreach to advance equity, sustainability and strong economies through good food in Michigan. More>>
4. College of Music introduces new season: Mid-Michigan is in for a treat this fall as the MSU College of Music presents an extraordinary season. From chamber and classical to Latin and swinging jazz, listeners of all musical persuasions will find something to like in the 2014-15 season that runs September through May. More>>
5. College of Engineering welcomes record freshman class: The MSU College of Engineering is welcoming its largest entering class of freshmen in more than 25 years. There will be nearly 1,400 new freshmen in the college when classes begin on Wednesday, Aug. 27, for the 2014-2015 academic year – up from last year’s record enrollment of 1,300. More>>