MSU to celebrate Veterans Day with campus, community events
Michigan State University is honoring those who have served the United States by hosting a variety of events on or near Nov. 11 in recognition of Veterans Day.
Following is a list of events.
- Spartan Battalion Army ROTC cadets will support the Lansing Veterans Day Ceremony at 10:30 a.m. at Pattengill Academy, 626 Marshall St., Lansing.
- The MSU Student Veterans of America will paint The Rock on Farm Lane (weather permitting).
Nov. 11 (Veterans Day)
- Spartan Battalion Army ROTC cadets will visit retirement homes in the area to honor local veterans.
- 2 p.m., Burcham Hills, 2700 Burcham Dr., East Lansing
- 3:15 p.m., Edgewood, 200 W. Edgewood Blvd., Lansing
- 3:30 p.m., Independence Village, 2530 Marfitt Rd., East Lansing
- The College of Human Medicine will host a Joining Forces presentation by 1st Lt. Stephanie Boltrick called “Understanding Our Veteran Population: Unique Considerations for Health Professionals.” The live presentation starts at noon in Room A133 of the Life Science Building. Because the talk will be video cast, an event will be held simultaneously in Room 130 of the Secchia Center in Grand Rapids. More information here.
- A ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place to mark the designation of space for the new Veterans Resource Center. The event begins at 3 p.m. in Room 8 (lower level) of the Student Services Building. Drawing boards will be in place to show the renovations for the space.
- Beginning at 4 p.m. MSU’s Air Force ROTC Detachment and the Spartan Battalion Army ROTC cadets will conduct a Veteran’s Day ceremony at the MSU Alumni Chapel. Following this ceremony, the cadets will march to the Administration Building where they will participate in a flag-lowering ceremony.