College of Music presents annual Muelder Summer Carillon Series
The MSU College of Music will present the 17th annual Muelder Summer Carillon Series. Recitals occur at 6 p.m. on five consecutive Wednesdays in July at Beaumont Tower.
A carillon is an instrument typically found in a church or bell tower such as Beaumont Tower. Carillonneaurs play the instrument by striking wooden keys or batons using closed fists and by using their feet to depress foot pedals.
Faculty member Milton Muelder funded the Summer Carillon Series beginning in 1996.
The following performers will play on the given dates:
• July 3: Stephan D. Burton, Eagle Mountain, Utah
• July 10: Philippe Beullens, Brussels, Belgium
• July 17: Julianne Vanden Wyngaard, Grand Valley State University and George Gregory, San Antonio, Texas
• July 24: Laura Ellis, University of Florida
• July 31: Gijsbert Kok, The Hague, The Netherlands
All carillon recitals are free and open to the public.